Hot tropical climate with temperatures rarely dropping below 25 C. The Sri Lankan Hill Country is considerably cooler. The peak tourist season is December to March. There are two rainy seasons, the first of which brings the wettest weather. In Sri Lanka rain generally falls between May – July and October – November.
• Duruthu Perahara: A colourful religious festival at the Kelaniya temple, 12km away from the City of Colombo.
• Thai Pongal: This is considered as the national festival of Tamil people.
• Independence Day: 4th February
• Hadji Festival: 8th February. Islam religious festival.
• Navam Perahara: A colourful traditional Perahara organized by the Gangaramaya Temple in Colombo.
• Maha Sivarathri: A Hindu religious festival in reverence of Lord Shiva.
• Esala Poya: A Buddhist religious festival.
• Sinhala and Tamil New Year: 13th & 14th April.
• Easter: This is celebrated by the Roman Catholics/Chritians.
• May Day:1st May. This is celebrated by the workers all over the World.
• Vesak: The biggest festival in Sri Lanka which commemorates the Birth, Enlightenment and Passing Away of the Buddha. During this festival Buddhists illuminate their homes and streets with lanterns and Pandols.
• Poson Poya: A Buddhist religious festival.
• Esala Perahara: A colourful Buddhist religious festival held in Kandy.
• Vel Festival: A Hindu religious festival.
• Katharagama Festival: A religious festival at the Katharagama Temple.
• Deepavali: A colourful festival of lights, which is celebrated by the Hindus.
• Ramazan Festival: An Islam religious festival.
• Unduvap Poya: A Buddhist religious festival.
• Christmas: 24th & 25th December. Celebrated by Roman Catholics/Christians.
Lost luggage should be reported to the respective airline office or handling agent instantly before you leave the Airport. A property Irregularity report (PIR) should also be filled and a copy should be retained to check status of same.
For any changes on Air ticket after departure you should not contact the issuing agent/Airline in country of origin, instead you should contact the Airline or a travel agent at destination. Also, such changes should be done under the original booking reference to avoid confusion.
Try not to exceed your baggage allowance and carrying bulky luggage unless for unavoidable reasons. It will make your travel comfortable.
Excess Baggage rate – Would be approx 1.5% of the normal Economy class fare per Kg.
Check your travel documents – air ticket, valid passport, visa papers, if any, etc. and foreign exchange before leaving home.
Do not carry parcels from unknown persons, and be vigilant with your personal belongings at Customs, check in, Immigration and Boarding areas at all airports. However, it is advisable to check with the relevant Airlines for the latest updates.
Check in 3 hours prior to flight departure.